Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Balance - Foundation Demo '97


Right Click (PC) or Ctrl Click (Mac) the cover pic above to save a high res version of the cover including lyric sheet.
Downloadable tracks (as above Right/Ctrl click to download):
1.Foundation
2.This is what you wanted
3.Blind

I am making Balance the first band to get the "Walk among the enemy" treatment because they were the first band to get me into Auckland and New Zealand Hardcore. I have so many good memories of this band it's crazy. I also made so many friends from this era of NZ Hardcore that remain good friends to this day.
I first saw Balance at the '97(?) Warped Tour after being told by a complete stranger (who I would later get to know as Angelo) to go and check them out when he came and struck up a conversation with me because of the Strife hoodie I was wearing. After that I took every oppurtunity I could to see this amazing band live!
To this day the best show I have been to in New Zealand is the last Balance show at what was then the Squid Bar with State Of Grace (also their last show), Witness and DSM.
Thank you Balance for all the good times!
Thanks to Andy and Wadzy for making this and future posts possible!

If anyone has any more info on this recording please post a comment and I'll update this post. Everyone please feel free to leave comments about this first "Walk among the enemy update". All feedback is greatly appreciated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hope you don't mind I've linked a posting I did on Salad Daze to this Balance post.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

BYGONE ERA and SALAD DAZE PLEASE. They influenced us the most.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home